Gas Leak

According to Hardinsburg Fire Chief Raleigh Shelton, the Cloverport and Hardinsburg Fire Departments were called to the scene of a gas leak on Oak Street in Cloverport just before 3:30 Monday afternoon. Contractors tearing down a vacant house accidently ruptured a gas line, when debris from the demolition landed on the gas meter.  Firefighters remained on scene until the gas was shut off by Atmos Energy at about 4:42 Monday afternoon.  Atmos urges customers to call and have discontinued services shut off to avoid gas leaks.